Sharing my experiences to help others.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So Sad...

This week, I have noticed the combs starting to be attached to the side-walls. In an effort to slow this process down, one of the center-most combs fell... Smashed some larvae in the process. So sad to lose some babies! After ticking them off enough for one day, I closed up the hive, with plans to re-enter later this week - with the ultimate goal of getting the final top-bar in, that has been sitting outside the hive since the queen cage was originally installed.

I checked out most all the combs in the back portion of the hive. Still have not seen the queen but there is evidence of her with the large number of larvae. The hive is definitely growing at a fantastic pace. Now hopefully after I killed some of their babies and destroyed a comb they will still be in there tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment